Voice over Internet Protocol, also known as VoIP, has been gaining much popularity in the business world. VoIP provides customers with cost-effective, reliable, and simple phone solutions for all their business needs. More businesses are switching to this cheaper, yet updated, method of communication when looking to increase their sales. This type of phone service is instrumental in building new companies and improving the old, leaving more and more interested in switching to these services.
Table of Contents
With VoIP taking the business world by storm, some businesses are beginning to utilize the benefits in other ways. VoIP reselling is something that is now becoming popular for some, making this a great way for businesses and individuals to sell these services to other customers. Reselling VoIP minutes to those smaller businesses, for the prices they wish to, makes expanding their entrepreneurial ventures an added bonus.
What is a VoIP Reseller?
Now, let’s get into what a VoIP reselling really is in the business world. Simply put, a VoIP reseller is any individual or business that becomes a VoIP provider on their own, by either supplying telephone services for their local area or businesses. These types of companies or individuals will purchase a VoIP service from a larger and primary provider, and then resell it to other companies or individuals for a different price. This way, the VoIP reseller becomes a sort of junior partner for the larger service provider and acts as a representative.
The only thing that is worth noting about VoIP resellers is that they are not responsible for any issues or maintenance of the VoIP system. The main provider still must keep track of all that is going on, help customers, and repair anything that is needed. The main hardware of the VoIP system is handled by the larger company, whereas the reseller will help with any smaller issues that arise.
Related service: VoIP Phones
Benefits of Becoming a VoIP Reseller
Point blank, a VoIP reseller usually tends to turn a huge profit. These resellers have the freedom to charge what they would like for monthly rates, repairs, and added features. It’s up to the reseller to decide its profit margins, so they will find the best rates that attract the most customers.
For example, VoIP resellers are able to sell their services in minutes, pre-planned packages, or by the month. All these options stem from the reseller’s package, making it easy to assist all who purchase plans directly from them. Sometimes, the larger VoIP company provider will take over billing, and simply give back the money to each reseller, or not charge them for the plans they utilize. All that happens will depend on the reseller and the larger company, which will work together in order to turn a profit while still providing quality services.
Adding more lines and additional customers is also a breeze if you’re considering reselling VoIP services. Not only will adding extra lines save you money as a reseller, but it will also save your customers money as well. By doing this you will maintain clients’ trust, and build stronger professional relationships for the lowest possible prices.
Choosing the Right Wholesale VoIP Provider
If you or your business wishes to become a VoIP reseller, you will need to select the right provider that will help you with all you and your customers will need. Depending on what services you are looking for and looking to provide any customer that utilizes your reselling services, you will need to choose the provider that meets your needs. You will also need to find a local provider as well so that they are able to help out with any service, support, or maintenance you and your customers may need. As a reseller, you should consider these few things when choosing a provider.
- Look at the VoIP provider’s financial stability.
- Select a provider that offers all types of residential and business plans.
- Consider the quality of services that can be offered by the provider.
- Make sure that all the features you and your customers are looking for are offered. These can include phone features, technical support, and customer service.
- Doing research to find out more about your provider’s reputation is also imperative. By viewing their contracts, payments, and even the terms and conditions for you and your customers will make or break the reselling of their VoIP services.
What Will You Do As a VoIP Reseller?
After figuring out what services you wish to give to your customers, the prices you are charging, and a reliable provider to work through, you will be expected to provide excellent services to your own customers. Not only is VoIP the most reliable way for businesses to communicate, but it can also replace traditional phone lines by using the internet, leaving all that are using these services content. Here are four things that you, as a reseller, need to provide to your customers in order to bring in a significant income.
- Saving customers time and money- One of the main reasons why businesses switch to VoIP systems is because it saves them a lot of money. An average business can save between 30%-50% by installing a VoIP system, which is one of its biggest selling points. Apart from the cheaper costs, there are plenty of added features that can help your customer’s businesses attain their maximum productivity and success.
- Improving customer efficiency- By utilizing a VoIP phone system, your customers will be more efficient because of the ability to integrate their existing business applications. Phone calls can be made with a click of the bottom, and no heavy or large hardware is needed to get started. VoIP also offers scalability and remote communications for all employees that aren’t settled in the office. As mentioned previously, adding additional lines is a breeze, which comes in handy for those that wish to send and receive calls without using their established business numbers. This way, companies can grow without compromise and uprooting their whole system.
- Bringing in revenue- Not only will you be able to provide customers with excellent service, but you can also make some serious money. Some VoIP resellers will change what they wish to, and then mark up the prices as much as you choose. Of course, this will vary depending on the size of each business that requests your services, and what type of plan they are looking for. The best benefit is that it’s your choice.
- Building your brand- As a VoIP reseller, you will be able to start a new business or use your previous business as a starting point. This will generate new customers, loyal clients, and a good reputation within the business community. You will also be able to assist your customers in growing and success of all they are wishing to accomplish in their professional life.
Becoming a VoIP Reseller
If you’re still on the fence about becoming a VoIP reseller, doing the needed research into different providers will do the trick. With the more knowledge you have, the better choice you will make in terms of quality services. The bottom line is that you will make a profit, build a strong client base, and gain a better reputation all by providing good service and support to your customers.
Recommended: What is a VoIP Caller?