A virtual call center is most commonly known as a contact center where agents support all types of customer needs, while working remotely. Instead of the average call center that will have agents work with businesses from one on-sight location, virtual agents get to work from anywhere they would like. With virtual software that can be downloaded onto any device, agents can perform tasks with ease and efficiency from any given location.
The virtual technology that is used is based on cloud technology, which has recently democratized its services in the sales industry in many different ways. Virtual call centers might also use VoIP based software because all that’s needed is an internet connection, which works perfectly for remote call center agents. A cloud service is a bit different and creates a different environment for work, but with its rising popularity, more virtual work environments are utilizing this type of system for various reasons.
Related service: Call Center Software
Going Viral or Staying On-Site?
Adopting virtual call software has shown several advantages for businesses. If your business still uses the traditional methods for call center software, we will explain why making the switch might be beneficial in the long run.
- There are no geographical limits, and by utilizing virtual call center software, your business can hire agents around the globe. In doing so, your hiring pool increases, making it easier to select the best people for the job. Because other agents will be located around the globe, you will have around the clock customer support. With this, your business can extend its business hours and become a 24/7 inbound and outbound call center.
- The costs upfront are much lower. One of the main benefits of switching to virtual software is the fact that it is offered at a much lower rate, even in comparison to outsourcing. Traditionally, call centers would need to pay for an onsite contract, install the needed hardware, and pay for many things up front, which only counts for the first round of expenses, From there, these call centers will need to pay for inbound, outbound and international calls with a monthly plan that can cost a fortune. If your business instead relies on remote call center workers, the cost of your service will increase dramatically. Having to download software is almost eliminated, and all that’s asked from your business is to pay a flat low monthly rate for all that they include in their plans. In turn, this will reduce costs, benefit employees, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Your business will have the benefits of mobility and reduced turnover. Remote call center software, either cloud systems of VoIP based software, will give your agents the ability to work from anywhere. Because agents are able to work from their homes if they wish, there will be no lost work time, and lowered stress rates. Some studies have shown that work-related triggers rank high in an employees stress levels, which results in turnover and attrition rate for your company. If your business offers employees a more laid back and healthy work environment, your turnover rates will reduce, morale will be boosted, and customers will see the change.
- Remote teams also help the environment in more ways than one would expect. By allowing remote agents to work from home, daily communities will be limited, physical office space is reduced, and dangerous hardware isn’t needing to be installed. Call center software operates through the internet, which is also energy saving in opposed to traditional call center software.
How to Choose Your Virtual Call Center Software
Now that you know more about the importance of call center software, you can take a closer look at what your business needs when installing these types of systems. Here are some benefits that make virtual call center software very attractive for most businesses.
- Quick Setup: From the start, installing and setting up this type of software saves service providers and managers stress and time. There is no need to install hardware in your office, no physical setup, and no need for wires to be hidden or thrown around throughout the office. Installing a completely virtual service is no harder than downloading an app. Overall, this installation process will take no more than a few minutes, and will be fully functioning immediately.
- Greater Flexibility: Sometimes it will financially strain businesses to keep a call center running, due to lack of the needed software, service plan costs, and all added features needed. In time, most businesses will expand and will need a system that can be able to expand as well. Virtual software is scaled easily and can be done on short notice, being as easy as moving some things around on your dashboard.
- Simple to use: This type of software is able to be used in real-time, and is built with the customer in mind. The main upside is that this software is unified, intuitive, and modern, making it easy for all employees to utilize. Even remote agents will benefit from the ease and reliability of these systems. If there are issues with your systems, you can survey your performance and read all the analytics necessary to increase performance. Your business can decide which KPIs to track, which allows immediate feedback.
- A complete package: Even with virtual software ease of installation, the features offered are anything but simple. This quality solution offers countless additional features than that of the average phone lines. Cloud-based platforms are constantly making sure that all software is user-friendly and powerful, giving each business the highest quality of service. Some features include interactive voice responses, programmable hours, custom voicemail greetings, desktop notifications, shared inboxes, and call recording. The features don’t stop there, and many different providers will offer your business countless different added peculiarities, for one low cost.
- Security: After modernizing the call center software that your business installs, your data will be as safe as ever. Additional servers are used to save and store all your business needs to function. A top feature of virtual call center software is its ability to protect all data, whether that be from inbound calls, emails, chat messages, and any other forms of communication.