IBM and Nirvanix Form Strategic OEM Partnership for Enterprise Cloud Storage
This is why IBM chose Nirvanix.
Key Competitive Advantages that Nirvanix has over all other offerings (including cloud services such as Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Google, Box, Dropbox and Rackspace) and boxes with "cloud" labels (Oracle, EMC, NetApp):
- Petabyte-scale Cloud Storage Implementations – Nirvanix's experience with massive Petabyte-scale cloud storage implementations in enterprise-class, production environments is unrivaled. Nirvanix manages real-world Fortune 500 customer environments on a daily basis, placing Petabytes of critical business data into the cloud.
- The Only Consistent Data Storage on the Internet – Nirvanix has the only cloud storage technology that knows where every single object in the cloud is located at any point in time. Its innovations in data consistency software ensure that changes to a file are immediately reflected across the whole cloud – no need to wait for data consistency windows.
- A True Global Namespace – Nirvanix has the only cloud storage service with a truly global namespace that spans countries, regions, data centers and pools all data into a single globally accessible repository – enabling companies to upload data once and access it anywhere.
- Continuous Data Accessibility – Nirvanix cloud storage services provide continuous data access across the globe by maintaining live replicas of customer data in multiple geographically dispersed locations – not DR copies that need to be recompiled. If data stored in a primary location is unavailable for any reason, advanced geo-aware, data routing software automatically serves up data from the nearest secondary or tertiary location.
- Autonomous Self-Healing Cloud – Nirvanix advanced software performs continuous data integrity scans, using an MD5 hash of every file stored, and autonomously repairs any potentially corrupted files in the background. If a customer is attempting to access a file before it's repaired, the software immediately directs the request to the known good copy.
- The Nirvanix Cloud File System™ – Specifically designed for millions of users, billions of files and exabytes of data, the Nirvanix Cloud File System is architected from the ground up to accommodate massive unstructured content files that are prevalent in healthcare, media and entertainment, financial services, biotech and IT industries, and other verticals.
- Multi-Level, Military-Grade Security – Unparalleled security safeguards and processes at the user, data storage and physical data center levels in contrast to other vendors that put the responsibility for security on the customer.
- Highly Granular Multi-Tenancy – Nirvanix protects customer data with secure multi-tenancy and the ability to create sub-directories and millions of child accounts under a single storage domain. Also set up specific billing policies and metrics for each individual business unit or user.
- Enterprise Service Level Agreements – Up to five nines (99.999%) of data availability, not 3 or 4 nines or best efforts as offered by other major providers.
- Unlimited File Sizes – Any file, any size, uploaded anywhere.
- Cloud Federation – Nirvanix is the only provider that offers the flexibility of fully-managed hybrid, private or public cloud storage services, all with usage-based pricing. To truly offer successful hybrid cloud storage you need to own and manage both ends of the storage network – and only Nirvanix can enforce SLAs and SLOs consistently between public and hybrid clouds.
- A Purpose-Built Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure – Designed from the ground up to meet or exceed enterprise requirements for organizations that cannot justify or tolerate any downtime – not a cloud built by developers for developers or a cloud for just consumers.
- Flexible Global Storage Locations – Maintain multiple copies of data in multiple locations of your choice to satisfy both in-country and out-of-region data retention and compliance requirements.
- End-to-End Network Visibility and Management – From gateway to cloud. Move petabytes of data into the cloud with the Nirvanix CloudNAS® Gateway – which turns any server or Virtual Machine (VM) on the network into a dedicated gateway to the cloud.
- Self-Provisioning – Customers can provision their own data from a dedicated, intuitive management console.