Sr. Software Test Engineer
Nirvanix is leading the disruption of the storage market with its enterprise-class cloud storage services. To move to the next level, we are building on the strengths of the Nirvanix technology and services to continue redefining cloud storage. With an aggressive product roadmap and revenue growth goals, we are looking to build a dynamic engineering team that is the most competitive in the industry.
The Senior Software Test Engineer is a key position to test Nirvanix's enterprise-class service for up to "Five Nines" availability on petabytes of data. The ideal candidate has experience working with complex software systems and pushing those systems beyond their limits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Test enterprise-class web services, applications, and SDKs.
- Develop and implement test strategies.
- Execute test cases and track test status.
- Work with developers to create comprehensive test plans and complex test suites, along with writing and reviewing design documents.
- Design and implement new test methods to address next generation capabilities in our products.
- Log and track issues found.
- Ensure deployed services and software meet user expectations for 24/7 operation.
- Collaborate with product management, developers, and operations to thoroughly understand product and customer goals.
- Contribute to driving product quality to enable the company to meet its goals.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5 yrs software testing experience.
- Understanding of web services and applications using REST/SOAP and underlying protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/IP).
- Experience creating and maintaining test documentation.
- Experience reporting defects & improvements concisely and accurately.
- Demonstrated knowledge of configuring client-server environments using mixed platforms (web servers, SQL servers, Linux, and Windows).
- Knowledge of testing methodology coverage and test metrics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience automating tests using scripting languages (e.g., PERL, Bash, Ruby, Python) or test frameworks.
- Ability to understand and review code (C#, Java, C++).
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals in a fast-paced, small-company environment.
- Background in storage technologies.
- Experience creating and maintaining test automation.
If this sounds like you, then you'd love working for Nirvanix. We've got some cool projects for you to work on. Send us your resume.
Please submit all inquiries with your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.