SCM, Build, Release & Tools Engineer
THE BIG PICTURE
Help build our enterprise-grade cloud storage service that provides five nines of extreme data availability to petabytes of online data using datacenters spread out across the globe. The ideal candidate has a background in implementing, executing, and maintaining SDLC tools to support software configuration management, building, and releasing of web service applications and architectures.
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference? Do you like to build things? Do you enjoy bringing together diverse tools, proving them out, and deploying them? How about working in a highly dynamic, team-driven environment? Do you enjoy foosball and video games at work? Are you interested in joining the next big startup opportunity in the cloud? If so, then you'll love it here...we've got some cool stuff for you to work on. Send us your resume!
THE KIND OF PERSON WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-3 yrs building software and implementing build automation
- 1-3 yrs software configuration mgmt experience (Subversion preferred)
- Experience installing and maintaining web servers and web-based tools (Apache Tomcat, Windows IIS)
- Experience implementing open source tools
- Automates repeatable tasks with scripting languages such as PERL, Bash, Ruby, and/or Python
- Good knowledge of configuring client-server environments using mixed platforms (web servers, SQL servers, Linux, and Windows)
- Understands the SDLC and how tools support it
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals in a fast-paced, dynamic small-company environment
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent training
- Background in web services, storage technologies, or open source software a plus
- Familiarity with C#, C++, Java, Hudson, CruiseControl, Nant/Ant, JIRA helpful
- Handle regular SCM and build tasks
- Deploy releases to test and production environments
- Design, set up, configure, and maintain software development and change management tools and environments
- Collaborate with developers and operations to support and deploy tools
- Contribute to driving product quality to enable the company to meet its goals
Please submit all inquiries with your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.